I love everything about quinceañeras. I believe a lot of good can come out of a family getting together to celebrate a girls transformation into adulthood. This week, I wanted to share 15 other reasons why quinces are so special! Heres what I love about them...
Leer en español
- I love that 15 means you are ready to learn how to read a bill, write a check, make arroz con frijoles all of those grown-up responsibilities.
- I love when you wear Chuck Taylors for the changing-of-the-shoe ceremony, like the girl in this picture! (We're on the KTLA morning show)
- I love when you dress your perrito in a tuxedo and include him in la fiesta (if he is well behaved!).
- I love when you donate your dress to charity for other chicas who cannot afford to have a quinceañera.
- I love when you find creative ways to make a grand entrance. You can find a local antique car collectors club and ask if they would drive you and your court to the party. They might do it for free or for a minimal fee. You might even get the fire department to give you a ride in their red engine, if you ask!
- I love when you give your last doll to your mom or your little sister, instead of receiving it.
- I love when you set up a wishing well at the entrance of the reception, with a note pad where guests can write you a message
- I love when your mom and dad get to tell a story about when they were 15, or when they dance to their favorite songs from way back then.
- I love when you get together with friends on the weekends to rehearse the baile de sorpresa and afterward, when you enjoy a potluck dinner together. Everyone brings their favorite dish to share.
- I love a Christmas quinceañera its the perfect time to celebrate with the family. So many lights and decorations!
- I love when you use your 15th as a time to start an everyday natural-beauty and exercise routine.
- I love when you learn that being a princess really means being poised, elegant, considerate, and lovely.
- I love when you save a slice of your cake, freeze it, and eat it on your 16th birthday for good luck.
- I love when you learn to do some of the things that are unexpected for girls to know how to do like using tools or riding a skateboard.
- I love when your quinceañera celebration becomes your first step to learning to be thrifty with money throughout your lifetime.
Tell me: What are YOUR favorite things about 15?
Leer en español